11/19/2011

Progress Report

I got my very first progress report from the public school system yesterday.  Mom and Dad went to have a parent-teacher interview with my beautiful Mlle deBruyn.

I wasn't there, but apparently she said a lot of nice things about me.  Like I am very bright, curious and interested in learning new things, I participate very well in classroom activities and am a good role model for the JK kids.  She also said that obviously my 2-year stint at Montessori has put me in good stead for the rest of my academic career - but we already knew that.

This picture (and many others) are evidence that I have always been interested in books, reading and learning.  My repertoire of knowledge about dinosaurs is growing to be a bit encyclopaedic!

Speaking of Montessori, when Mom and I went to the Children's Art Factory on Friday morning it was practically a Montessori reunion.  Lots of my old buddies were there.  
There were hugs and we talked about how we all look older and some of us go to different schools now.  We agreed that we would invite one another to upcoming birthday parties so we could see each other again.  It seems we no longer need our parents to be our social planners.  
We can do that - and so many other things - all by ourselves now.

No comments: