Last Thursday on our 'home day', mom and I decided to go for an early morning walk in the forest to try out my new winter duds (coat and boots, c/o Jammie & Pappy). They are good quality items and kept me warm for an hour and a half, even though it was quite cold (we could see our breath),
and we were doing more inspecting than moving.
I took a number of pictures of things I thought were 'mysterious'. The forest did have a particularly mysterious feel about it, with the morning light, our frosty breaths and the fog over the river. Also it was pretty quiet - we usually see a lot of people on bikes, or walking dogs. This time we pretty much had the forest to ourselves.
As I took my mysterious pictures, I narrated, posing the meant-to-be-rhetorical questions about each item as I captured its image. They were meant to be rhetorical, so I don't know why mom felt she had to try and answer them.
(The questions added to the mysteriousness).
(me) "Bark. Bark is mysterious. How does it grow that way on trees?"
(mom) "Is all bark mysterious?"
(me) "Mom, this specific bark is mysterious". Click
"Rocks. Rocks are mysterious. How do they form?
What are they made of? How long has this rock been here?" click
"Falling leaves are mysterious.
How do they know when and where to fall, and what colour they should turn?"
click
No comments:
Post a Comment