First, there was the preparation. Dad and I carved a whole lot of pumpkins.
Then, dad and I practiced making weird and spooky faces.
Then it was time to get all suited up, with many many layers underneath my fantastic giraffe costume (this one's for you, Gran!)
We got the pumpkins set up and a sign letting the children know there was no candy to be had at #36. Then off we went to Aidan's...
Aidan was a Pirate. I was a Giraffe. We made a good, but odd, couple.
In stark contrast to last year, I actually trick-or-treated! I knocked, I said the actual words "trick-or-treat", held out my bucket and (most of the time) said thank you. Mom and dad and I practiced trick-or-treating ahead of time to settle my nerves. I think that helped.
After trick-or-treating we went back to Aidan's and had the hot chocolate that mom brought in a thermos, "to warm us up". It was a good night.
When we got home, we saw the jack-o-lanterns that we had created - in all their spoooooky glory.
The only thing left to do now is...eat candy.
No comments:
Post a Comment