It was a big weekend at Sunny Acres Park. Easter Bunny was scheduled to arrive, activities planned for both big and smaller kids, etc.
We did a parachute game and a scavenger hunt, which, once successfully completed, resulted in a paper bag full of Easter goodies.
The Easter Bunny did come to the park and although I knew it was not a real bunny, that he was a person dressed up in a costume, I decided
(quite prudently I believe)
that I wanted nothing to do with him.
Here's the back-story. Last year Easter events in the park were planned differently. The big costumed bunny guy showed up and all kids, big and small went for it, resulting in chocolate eggs flying all over the grass for the kids to then scramble to collect. Aside from the undemocratic nature of this plan, there was another problem...there is of course, a kid in the 'hood who has a serious allergy to chocolate, and whose mom was adamant that the random egginess and chaos of last year's event be re-thought. Protection from random chocolate was high on the list of planning priorities this year.
Now, far be it from me to bite the paw that feeds (chocolate eggs),
BUT, I must say that I was a bit disappointed that I got my game-face on
for a competitive hunt, which was not to be.
Not to worry. Grad and Grandad's Egg-stravaganza the next day was just what the bunny ordered...
No comments:
Post a Comment