In Niagara Falls, Ontario - where the sea lions kiss, so the story goes...
We had a family trip to Niagara Falls on the long weekend and boy, was it ever fun!
Mom found us a good deal at a fancy 4-star resort, with a great saltwater pool. We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights so we could have enough time to be tourists. I learned what 'tourist' means, and there were a LOT of them/us around this long, hot weekend.
You know what's neat about staying in a hotel? You can sit in your bed and eat and watch TV all at the same time. This would never happen at home!
We arrived at our hotel Friday night, and after napping all the way in the car, I was able to stay up LATE! We had dinner at the hotel restaurant, mom and I went for a long swim, and I got to watch TV in my bed - they even had kids TV there!
The next morning we were up nice and early, so we got ready to head off to MARINELAND! I have been hearing the commercials on the radio for a while now, and I knew I wanted to go. I told mom and dad it was just what I expected. There were orcas, belugas, dolphins, sea lions, and even giant pacific walruses. There were deer to feed and so many rides to go on. It was hot and busy but because we were the early birds, we got the worm! (that's a saying)
After a fun-filled half-day at MarineLand we went back to our hotel for more swimming, this time with my blow up orca whale, Kandu. Dad bought me a tiny little orca at the gift shop as well. It was less than half the size of my pinkie finger - tiny! Mom and dad were a bit nervous that he might get lost and they offered to hold on to him for safekeeping. I said no thanks but then by mistake, as soon as we got back to our hotel, the little guy got flushed down the toilet. I learned - the hard way - that there is a good reason for the 'no toys in the bathroom' rule.
Here I am getting ready for our trip to MarineLand.
Me and Dad feeding the deer.
There was a real castle there and I got to pee in it!
(in the washroom - in the castle!)
Here we are watching the show at King Waldorf Stadium.
We also went on lots of rides, which I really loved. Mom and dad said rides aren't the same when you're a grown-up, but they came on with me anyways.
Here we are getting ready to go on this one for the second time.
Me and Dad on a flying fish!
Mom and Dad saw this sign, and said they were skeptical, whatever that means.
The belugas and orcas were beautiful swimming under the water,
but I wondered if they were sad to not be in the ocean.
Here is a funny chair that we found in the hallway in our hotel.
In this picture Kandu and I are watching TV and eating crackers (!!) on our bed.
On Sunday morning we went down early to Niagara Falls, so it wasn't as hot and crowded. It was threatening to rain and looked very lovely.
We asked another tourist (from China) to take our picture for us, all together.
He did a good job.
No comments:
Post a Comment