3/17/2011

Breakin' Out












March Break has been a whole bunch of good times!

We kicked off the week with a big surprise birthday party for Nan. I was so excited for the party that I asked about it for days before, but managed to keep it a secret from my Nan. I am getting very good at keeping secrets!
After the party I had a sleepver at Nan and Darcy's house and had a great time, as usual. We went for a great walk and found the skull of a deer in the woods! I am very interested in dinosaur (and other) bones right now and am considering becoming a paleontologist when I grow up - so finding the skull was a highlight! The funny thing is that last time we trekked around Nan's property we found a smaller animal skull in December; I was convinced I would find another skull if we went hiking again this time.
I was right!

After my night at Nan and Darcy's I came home for one night to re-group, then set off on the road again with my Gran on Tuesday morning, headed to Toronto for 2 more solo nights and 3 days jam-packed full of fun!
On the agenda? Hanging out with my Uncle Anton (and his many, many smurfs), attending a puppet show at the library with hundreds of other March Break-ing kids, going to Casa Loma (it's a REAL castle, mom!), playing with the twins across the street (who are my age) and all kinds of other adventures. And, as always, experiencing the local food and fare is one of my favourite things to do. There were many feasts to be had, at many times of the day. Nice!





No comments: