My 4th birthday was terrific. When I woke up on January 5th, the first thing I said was "Mom, look! I'm 4 and I'm huge! I am as big as Ben now!"
At Montessori school we have a special ceremony for birthdays. The birthday child holds a globe ball, while the rest of the children sit in a circle around them. In the middle of the circle is a yellow ball, which represents the sun. While the children sing happy birthday, the birthday child (me) walks around the sun, holding the globe, one time for each year they have been on this earth.
I orbited the sun four times.
The birthday child is also invited to take a special snack in for the class to share together. Mom and I made apple and honey sandwiches with graham crackers. The birthday child (me) gets to hand out the special snack to the rest of the class.
Yum - it was a big hit.
After school, mom and dad told me that I could choose which restaurant I wanted to go to for my special birthday dinner.
I chose all-you-can-eat sushi, and we got our money's worth, as always!
Nan and Darcy came to have sushi with us, which was great! We had a fun meal together and we all got have ice cream for dessert.
On the weekend we had my birthday party, organized by mom (thanks mom!). Five of my friends came, plus extra family and friends. We went to the Funmazing Play Centre which was a lot of fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment