8/01/2010

Cottage-Hopping, Part I



I am a very lucky kid for many reasons. One reason is that this summer I will be having quite a bit of cottage-hopping, lake-swimming, fish-catching (or at least trying valiantly), sand-digging, sun-soaking fun.

Part I of the summer cottage-hopping itinerary started NE of Gananoque, right on the edge of Charleston Lake Provincial Park.

There was a perfect mix of great swimming, and also a little marshy bit which was great for collecting lily pads in the canoe.







I mostly played with Pappy & Jammie but mom and dad were there too
(I took this picture).



We had great weather and ate every meal except one out on the deck.


We went for some walks and ran away from the deer-flies. Someone tried to convince us to go for strenuous hikes in the Park (you know who you are, Pappy) but we chose to stay close to home and close to the lake (which is perfect for jumping in to escape deer-flies).




I also had my very first encounter with an angry wasp that got trapped under my shirt and stung me a few times (actually 3). This is a picture of me having some antihistamine mixed with honey (the irony of honey for a "bee" sting was not lost on us) and baking soda on my stings.
Thank goodness (or Ellen) for the little box of Arm & Hammer in the fridge.
I was very brave, say mom and dad.
After the stings and medicine I ate a HUGE dinner and then slept for 13.5 hours.




All in all, a fantastic getaway and a great time had by all.
Next up in August, hob-nobbing in Muskoka with baby Hudson and his crew.

No comments: