I am preparing for my departure. It is March Break and since I go to school, this break applies to me. I am packing tonight for 2 nights with my nan and Darcy, then 3 nights with my grandma and grandpa. With no mom and dad in between. I am going backpacking for 5 nights, on my own.
This suits me just fine. Among the things I now insist on doing by myself:
-going to the bathroom
-giving myself antibiotics for my ear infection
-taking my own temperature, in both ears with the digital thermometer (then taking mom's temp, dad's temp and the temp of anyone else who might be around and willing. I do a good job, and I am very precise.)
-sloffing (aka. flossing. I went to the dentist for the first time last weekend. I have 20 strong teeth and a new-found passion for sloffing. By myself.)
-taking off my pants, undies then putting on my pajama pants. (I am working on taking off my own shirt, I just need more practice, and I have to be in the right - patient - mood.)
Last night I declared to mom and dad that "I don't need any help from an adult ever again!".
Are we clear?
No comments:
Post a Comment