2/26/2010

Ode to my Delightful Dad

I must be the luckiest girl in the world; I have the most delightful dad.
He and I are tight. I mean, really tight.

Dad is loving, playful and silly.
He is generous with his love, his knowledge and his patience.
He is strong and clear in his beliefs and he shows me
what it means to be a good person, every day.
He is full of empathy and commitment to our Team of Three.
There is no better teacher than my dad;
he guides me but sets the bar high, encouraging me to reach it on my own.
And I do, every time.
He is soft and squishy through and through,
but also knows how to make a choice and stick to it.
Like many dads, mine has a magical ability to fix things,
solve problems, and explain things in ways that
I can understand.

When dad laughs and smiles, our world lights up and we know
we are all together and we are strong.
We love you daddy.





No comments: